There’s a huge movement in ‘people-first’ or progressive companies to have a mindfulness program in their organisations learning and development budget.
Whether this is meditation or mindful coloring classes or yoga memberships, the idea of reducing stress is generally these programs are aiming at.
But what is the actual research behind mindfulness at work?
Interestingly it’s REALLY hard to find any longitudinal studies run in recent years about meditation and mindfulness in a corporate workplace.
So this means that maybe it’s being offered as more of employee value proposition (like foose-ball tables and beer stocked fridges) rather than an actual wellness initiative.
However, here are some of the research findings (from mostly military environments) that do back up the goods when it comes to mindfulness meditation in the workplace according to the America Psychological Association:
1. Stress reduction
2. Boosts working memory
3. Increased focus
4. Increased Relationship satisfaction with co-workers
5. Enhanced self-insight, morality, intuition and fear modulation
6. Increased immune function and reduction in psychological distress.
So beyond the ‘lastest fad’ I would say that these benefits are all pretty awesome.
So if you havn’t booked in for that mindfulness class or program offered by your company I would do that and get your ommm on !
Love Your Work!
Grab your FREE Interview Guide
Got an interview coming up? Want to nail it this time?
Download my FREE Three Steps to Interview Confidence guide to learn:
- The MAIN three things people do wrong
- What to do instead so you don’t freak out
- The three simple steps to interview confidence so you can feel like a rockstar!
- PLUS: You will finally be able to learn how to nail your next interview and get that job!
Get your copy of Work it Real Good
PS Order your copy! Simply click the green button below and order today.
**Paperback, PDF versions now available.